cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet Freezing

Andy_34Bravo
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hi, I have had issues with my internet for 2 weeks now; where when uploading or downloading data my mobile or desktop freezes (desktop 'not responding' for about a minute, with the mobile I have to turn off wifi and use my mobile data to download.  After using self help to diagnose via Talk Talks webpage, and getting absolutely nowhere, today I got of of Technical support, who after about an hour informed me that I had too many devices connected to my router, I should only have between 5 and 8, and suggested that I remove some devices.  Can someone please verify what the issue is with my router, and if the max devices I can connect to the router is 8 - if so I have been sold a white elephant and need to switch to another provider.

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning as requested - May 17 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

OK, I'll see if it's available 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi Chris,

AM is good for tomorrow please.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

OK, will do, are you available all day tomorrow and Monday (if tomorrow isn't available)?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Hi Chris 

I did,  and seem to have read it incorrectly and replied fixed believing I was fixing the date and time! Can you please re- arrange .

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Hi Andy,

Just to confirm, did you receive a text message from Openreach on the 14th at around 15:40?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Hi Chris,

I am not impressed.  Openreach have not attended today as per your email.  I have given up half a day waiting for them only for them not to arrive - what a joke TalkTalk are!  2 things.

1.  When will a Openreach engineer attend.

2. I wish to complain re the poor ongoing unresolved internet service over the past 6 weeks and the poor service in resolving my issue!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow afternoon - May 15 2024, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

Hi Chris

Yes, I will accept 'potential' engineer charges.  We are available at anytime you suggest above tomorrow.  Thursday there will only be someone here after 11am.  Please let me know any further details once you have them.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hi Andy,

If you would like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday. (we can usually get an appointment next working day or the day after)

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi Chris,

Yes I have tested with another router - the new one TalkTalk sent me last week.  Yes I would like this issue resolved and if that means an engineer has to attend then can you please let me know the details.  That said, I am away in Portugal from tomorrow evening, 15 May, my wife will be home all this week but then she will join me in Portugal as of Sun 19th May, we will both be back on Sun 26th May.  We will then be away again on the 12th June for 18 days.  Hope this helps in arranging an engineer visit.  Any issues then please let me know.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

OK, if you've tested with another router then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi Chris,

I have one socket in the house to which my phone and router are connected.  This one socket where the line come into the house.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi Chris,

We seldom use our landline, if ever,  so I have just phoned my wife's mobile, via our landline, and there was no static / noise etc, however the internet dropped out.  Thinking this was odd, we waited until the internet reconnected and then tried again, and 5 seconds into the call the internet dropped out again.  We then repeated this for a 3rd time and the same thing happened.  It also took 4-5 minutes to reconnect each time (which seems excessive) the light of the front of the router went from full red to blinking red/white then back to full red on a number of occasions before finally turning full white.  These are the times I phoned my wife; 0957hrs, 1002hrs, 1008hrs.

Can you please let me know what is going to happen now?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Hi Andy,

Connected wired just mean with a device connected to the router by Ethernet cable rather than wifi. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service at the moment, is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi Michelle,

"does this also happen if you connect wired please"  I don't fully understand what you are meaning.  That said, this morning I have connected my desktop PC via powerline network adaptors to the ethernet port on the TalkTalk router.  Prior to doing my browser would not work inc. emails, after connecting via powerline adaptors my browser and emails worked again, but the email side has been sporadic - just prior to this discussion my emails were not working "502 Bad Gateway" which could be caused by "network issues" - again this is an issue that I have never had before.  I have also connected my PS5 directly to the ethernet port on the router.  Alexa is now playing music / radio.  However, about an hour ago our CCTV (connected to the router via ethernet) went down 'network errors', and we still have issues using WiFi with our iPhones.   I have run a virus scan of my computer and it is clean, however I did have a number of "errors" (24 errors all in the last 24 hours) where my virus software could not connect to its server to download updates due to "network issues".

I appreciate you keep testing the line along with other tests, but I feel we are not getting anywhere.  This issue is very frustrating and is having an impact on my on my work as well as family life.  Instead of asking me to do yet 'something else' can we get someone more senior to look into the issue.  As I have said, this issue only started recently - when the Fibre to Home was connected to our postcode, before then I have seldom had an issue in all the years I have been with TalkTalk, but if this is not resolved shortly then I will be considering cancelling my contract, which you are technically breaching by not providing the service required.  I await your swift reply, although I may only be able to respond if my browser / router / network is working...

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the update. The line test is clear and the sync speed looks consistent for the last 48hrs. Can I just confirm, does this also happen if you connect wired please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Hi Debbie,

I received notification and then my new router - ty - however. Having received the new router I initially 6 devices. While setting up these devices on the new router the internet dropped out a few times and has done so daily on the odd occasions, in addition our iPhones and Desktop still freeze when downloading content.  I have then added a couple more devices yesterday including Alexa, and while Alexa will tell me the time etc it will not play radio / music.  When researching this I have done everything they have asked from uninstalling to factory reset to making sure other devices are physically off and still the radio and music will not play, so the only other possible reason for the music not playing is that there is a issue with the internet / bandwidth (although as I said I switch virtually every other device off so I don't see how bandwidth is an issue).

Couple of things:  I have not connected any new devices to my router in approximately a year and until about 6 weeks ago everything has been running fine.  Indeed, on may occasions when we have family with us there have been many more devices connected to the router and it still worked fine.  Second thing is, and I don't know if this is a coincidence, all these issues started recently, about 6-8 weeks ago.  Around that time our post code had Fibre to Home connected, and a number of people have had FTH installed, a couple of other people also had issues with their internet (broken lines).  Our BT line/fibre broadband and now the FTH all come from the same telegraph post. 

Can someone please let me know what I need to do next...

0 Likes