cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Request to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation.

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Since I have been using my new Hub 2 Router, I have had a problem where some devices lose their connection randomly.

My neighbour (also with a TT Hub 2 Router) also had this problem and it was solved by disabling his Wi-Fi Optimisation.

Please could you disable Wi-Fi Optimisation – on my Hub 2 Router – for me, also, and advise when it has been carried out.

Thanks, in anticipation,

JimS28
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi Jim

This change has been made within the last month.

The team advised that switching WIFI optimisation off will cause more issues in the long run, with using My Connection - running tests etc.

They advised that WIFI optimisation will be monitoring and selecting the best channels for your line. I have still passed on your feedback so the team are fully aware.

Once the survey is completed I can feed this back into this business too.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

Morning Debbie.

Many thanks for your early AM message, of today (17.05.24).  Much appreciated, even if not acceptable.

However, it would be interesting to know when the ‘we have been advised not to switch this off (Wi-Fi Optimisation) for any customer’ came into being.  If it is an ‘old’ notification – depending on what is perceived as ‘old’ – could my initial request (less than 3-4 weeks ago) not have been closed out much sooner?

As stated previously, it could have saved a number of people a lot of unnecessary time.

I now have to accept the decision which means, moving forward, I have to live with the current situation – not something I am very pleased about - if I remain with TT.

As to completing the Survey for the Community………

Regards,

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Hi Jim

I can only apologise. We've been advised not to switch this off for any customer now moving forward. I have passed on all your feedback to our Devices Team.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Hi Debbie.

Seems like an opportunity missed, to me, but so be it.

As I am sure you are aware, I am somewhat disappointed with the outcome, especially considering the time that has been put into it.

I suppose, like many other TT Customers, I will just have to wait for a 'general' technical fix - for a problem which appears to have been known about for some time.

I do hope I do not see any other TT Customers 'getting' Wi-Fi Optimisation disabled, though.

Regards,

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 5 of 31

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we will be unable to switch off WIFI optimisation even for a short time.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

Morning Debbie.

Max did indeed call me this AM, and we had a nice little chat about my issue.

However, the outcome was not in line with my expectations as my request - to have my Wi-Fi Optimisation Disable - is not going to be carried out.  Something which I will have to accept, but must advise I am not pleased about!!

While I appreciate TT knows more about this/these subjects than me, as a 'non-knower', what I do know is that my neighbour had the same issues (as do so many other TT customers), requested TT to disable his Wi-Fi Optimisation - which they did - and low and behold he no longer has the loss of Wi-Fi to certain devices in his house.

As, apparently, the loss of Wi-Fi to certain devices - across the TT community - seems to be a fairly common issue as it is mentioned frequently on the TT Community, may I suggest, in line with my discussions with Max, that TT 'post' something on their system to advise of this problem and maybe reduce the flow of TT Community comments - until it is fixed.

It could save a lot of TT Community 'traffic' and free up you and some of your colleague’s time to review other issues.

While this does not get me over my issue, I still have one other request;

Would TT be willing to 'disable' my Wi-Fi Optimisation - say for about 4 weeks - and I will run a home survey to see whether or not this alleviates the problem and I could report back to TT/the TT Community?

Just a thought.  Could be a useful piece of 'research' - at very little cost to TT.

I will end by thanking you for your time, although I feel I have wasted both yours and my time by raising and trying to resolve my/this issue.

Thaks & Regards,

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

Debbie.

As the issue I am experiencing is 'so similar' to that of my neighbour - and others by reviews on the TT Community - why is it proving so difficult, and time consuming, for me, you, the 'Technical Team', etc to carry out a simple request?

I am now wishing I had just continued with the level of inconvenience and run down my TT contract and moved on.

I appreciate your help, but my time - and I am sure yours - could be better utilised.

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Hi Jim

I've asked the team to contact you tomorrow 9am.

I can't switch off the wifi optimisation. The team can discuss the wireless issue with you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Thanks, Debbie.

However, I may not be available.

Could the call be arranged for 0900hrs tomorrow (Thursday, 16th)?

Also, why not just give me my request - Wi-Fi Optimisation deactivated????

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Hi JimS28

Sorry for the delay.

The team have apologised and will be contacting you shortly (today)

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Hi Jim

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I'm just speaking to the team now.

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 31

Hi Debbie/Max.

It's now a long way beyond the 2pm-4pm agreed call time, and neither my landline or mobile has 'rang'.

A bit of a pity really as this was a planned call time and I could have been doing other things, rather than sitting around waiting!

Can we - mainly you - not just cut to the chace and 'Disable Wi-Fi Optimisation' as this curred the issue my neighbour had - and it seems to have resolved the issue for may other TT customers, please?  It would sve your time and mine, I believe.

Or, do we now have to arrange for me to do another, 'sit and wait'?

Jim

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi JimS28

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 31

Many thanks for your assistance, Debbie.

I look forward to my discussions with Max, tomorrow.

JimS28

JimS28

Message 15 of 31

Hi @JimS28 

Max from our faults escalation team has advised that they will contact you tomorrow between 2pm - 4pm.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi JimS28

Thanks for your reply.

I will contact the team for you now and let them know when you will be available.

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 31

Hi Debbie.

no contact as yet - other than an email, which I have not answered - as I have not been available.

However, I will be available tomorrow PM, between 1330hrs and 1700hrs.  How do I contact the ‘Team’ - or could you do so on my behalf - and let me know if this is convenient for them?

Thanks, in advance,

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Hi @JimS28 

Have our faults escalation team made contact with you?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi Jim

When would you be available for the team to contact you to discuss this further?

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 31

Hi Debbie.

Should your team wish to contact me I wll, unfortunate;y, be unavailable for a few days.

However, for your information, I have 'split' my SSID's and set Channels 1 and 44, but it appears to have made little difference - for example, the Alexa drops out quite frequetly (still) and 1 of our iPhones (iPhone13) quite often does not show a W-Fi connection, but works well at other times.  I live in an area where there is very litlle W-Fi congesion and I am thinking maybe the Router is overiding my set channels to channels my devices cannot see.

Hope this additional information is of some value, and I look forward to having conformation of the completed Disable Wi-Fi Opimisaion request.

Jim

JimS28
0 Likes