cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 115 of 115

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
114 REPLIES 114

Message 1 of 115

I have THE TRACKING NUMBER AND It will be delivered by royal mail so make sure I am not charged £50

send everything to the devices team 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 115

Hi

You will not be charged for the TV Box if it is returned.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 115

YOU SAY IT IS CERTIFIED BUT THE BBC IPLAYER TEAM SAY NOT 

THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH THE TV HUB NOT WITH MY TV

THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS, Just use google and see 

Please make sure I am not charged £50 as I have returned the old TV hub to you and will be delivered By Royal mail 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 115

Hi

If you will not provide the model number of the TV, there is nothing more that I can do for you.

The box is fully certified and does output to a TV that correctly identified itself as UHD compliant.

We have no other reports from our customers regarding similar issues and can only conclude that this could be an issue between your TV and the Iplayer App, but without the full model number our Teams cannot investigate further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 115

THE BBC IPLAYER TEAM KNOW THIS BOX IS A YOUVIEW BOX

YOU DO NOT NEED MY TV MODEL TO FIX THIS

Yesterday, I saw so many people complain about the same issue as  I am having

Go on reddit and see as well as other forums 

I have mentioned before 

The netgem box works with iPlayer UHD. If this was working why break it when bringing out a new  box

TALKTALK SAY THE BOX IS VERIFIED BUT THE BBC IPLAYER TEAM SAY IT IS NOT AND GET TALKTALK TO SPEAK TO THE BBBC IPLAYER TEAM FOR VERIFICATION 

Both sides saying different things 

All that is required to fix this is  a software rollout and for all the relevant people to get together and do this 

The old TV Hub is on its way back to you

PLEASE MAKE SURE I AM NOT CHARGED £50 AS IT HAS BEEN SENT AND WILL BE DELIVERED BY ROYAL MAIL 

Thanks

Please send this to the devices team 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 115

Hi

I've had the following from our product manager : 

The Talk Talk TV Hub is a Youview device

YouView | Home

BBC are a member of the Youview Consortium along side other Public service broadcasters and ISP like Talk Talk & BT

During development of any new Youview device (STB or TV) there are mandatory steps to complete prior to launch agreed by the consortium and its members. This includes formal certification of the device by the BBC iPlayer team, and mandatory pass of a suite of tests. 

Without BBC certification being granted, the iPlayer app will not be shown on the set top box or even be visible in Google Play app store (on android devices), let alone open without  UHD content.

In our rigorous internal QA of the device, UI and operating system we are yet to see an interoperability issue with any 4K TV, to work with the DTG TV Farm & determine if there are non-compliant devices in the UK  we cannot investigate any further without the exact model number of the device.

If your contact in the BBC would like to follow the normal communications channels to ask for certification proof they can contact Youview or their in house team.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 115

Hi

Glad to hear the new box arrived.  I did not think this would work but our device manager wanted to rule out any faults with the current box.  

I'll take this back to them

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 115

ok the new box is setup and started iPlayer and the same NO UHD 

Tried iPlayer and iPlayer beta in the settings makes no difference 

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 115

I have received the replacement TV box and the old one is on its way back to you

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 115

There are no flaws in My argument

CORRECT, THE TV HUB knows it is outputing 4K / UHD 

YOURUBE 4K VIDEOS work but not IPLAYER UHD 

yet the netgem box works with iPlayer UHD 

There are so many cases if you use google and search and even on the TalkTalk forums as well 

TalkTalk say the TV hub is verified and the iPlayer team say it is not (AS I HAVE stated many times)

TalkTalk and the manufacturer of the box are doing the software and yes THE BBC TEAM ARE RESPONSIBILE FOR IPLAYER but TalkTalk need to communicate with the BBC IPLAYER TEAM and implement a software rollout or get the TV HUB verified with the BBC iPlayer team 

I was told yesterday that it would be received today which it has not been. 

Please pass the above to the team dealing with this problem 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 115

There are 2 flaws to your argument.

1 The BBC are responsible for the app so they are the ones who have to update the app if it's needed, not TalkTalk, whose box is only the delivery method of providing the app 

2 The app does deliver UHD content, just not to your TV.

You say there are many customers affected. I've struggled to find any ( when searching when you first mentioned this) except the person who couldn't get it to work with a 4k monitor, not a TV.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 12 of 115

That is correct the iPlayer app on My Tv will not play uhd because iPlayer uhd update has not got the update rolled out yet on this model 

The TV is 4K / UHD 

but this is nothing new there are lots of other customers with other branded TVs that have inbuilt iPlayer that does not play UHD 

I read somewhere that the BBC iPlayer  team released a press release that to watch iPlayer UHD If certain TVs have not received the update is to use a separate certified box 

We know the Netgem box works (iPlayer UHD) but not the TV hub 

The TV Hub recognises 4K / UHD and plays YouTube 4K 

All TalkTalk have to do is do a rollout of a software update to fix this and it will help so many people

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 115

Hi

Can I just clarify something you mention earlier, the BBC Iplayer App on the TV itself will not play UHD Content directly ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 115

This is not a TV problem it is a problem with the TalkTalk TV hub that could be resolved by a software update 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 115

Take the TV back to the shop and explain how it's not working?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 115

This is not a TV problem

The TV was bought from a UK shop

0 Likes

Message 17 of 115

Was the TV perhaps sourced outside the UK and/or is otherwise not compliant with UK standards?

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 115

THE TV IS 4K and has a 4k port

ALSO THERE IS A 4K SETTING IN THE TV MENU FOR 4K 

THIS IS A PROBLEM with the TalkTalk TV hub not with MY TV 

AS OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUES AS I AM 

You are saying this is a verified box for iPlayer UHD TO WORK but the iPlayer Team are saying different

TalkTalk need to communicate with the developers / Manufacturers AND the iPlayer team to fix this   

It makes no sense when something works in an old box which is the netgem box to break it when bringing out a new box the TV hub

0 Likes

Message 19 of 115

Being 4k compatible does not mean your TV is actually a 4k TV just that it will display 4k content, but not necessarily at 4k resolution.

Given the native iPlayer does not output UHD to the TV suggests that the TV is not 4k UHD compliant, therefore the Hub will not play UHD content.

You can resolve this once and for all by supplying the TV model so that this can either be confirmed as not being a 4K TV or resulting in further investigations to solve the issue if it is a 4K one.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 115

Yes it is a smart TV and outputs 4K / UHD but does not play iPlayer UHD 

I have seen people experiencing the same problems with the TalkTalk TV hub as me where The TV is 4K compatible and TV Hub outputs 4K /UHD and 4K / UHD works but iPlayer UHD does not

0 Likes