cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 115 of 115

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
114 REPLIES 114

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 115

Can you confirm you Panasonic is a smart TV?

Does you Panasonic's native iPlayer play UHD material?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 115

I am providing information as requested but you  do not need My TV model 

This is a problem with The TV hub not with MY TV

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 115

Hey, really,  you want to know why I was asked for my boxes Google ID?

It is not relevant to your thread and I CAN'T not won't tell you as I've signed an NDA, unlike you who won't supply information requested to further your issue.

I was just trying to see if this would be helpful in clarifying what may have been meant by the Google ID.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 24 of 115

It is a Panasonic TV that is all I am saying 

Please tell this to the team dealing with this 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 115

Hi

no one is trying to blame your TV, but without all the facts, an investigation cannot be completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 115

I HAVE explained before so many times 

I am not providing My TV model number because IT IS NOT A TV problem

Send this to the team dealing with this

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 115

Hi

They have specifically requested the make and model of the device the TV Box is connected to.

As mentioned previously, without this information, then they cannot investigate further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 115

That is not true 

I have seen people using the netgem box and the tv hub on 4K TVs that are not certified and iPlayer UHD works 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 115

below is requested information

Current Iplayer Version.

Application Version: 32.13.13.0

Are you using the supplied HDMI Cable or your own ?

yes, i am using the supplied cable as well as tried different others 

If it was a cable problem the TV hub would not be outputing 4k / UHD

Make and Model of the TV or device the TV box is connected to.

I HAVE explained this before. This is not a problem with MY TV 

google id from the bottom of the TV Hub

Thanks  

0 Likes

Message 30 of 115

Hi

The order was rejected by the system, not physically by an individual etc, so something I will have to get picked up.  The manual request was processed by the Logistics teams.

Our Senior TV Product manger works closely with broadcasters so has confirmed that the box is fully certified.

They do not require the google ID at the moment, just the information from my last post.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 115

Do you still need the google id from the bottom of the TV Hub

0 Likes

Message 32 of 115

Why was it rejected

According to the BBC iPlayer team this TalkTalk TV hub is not certified that is why iPlayer UHD is not working and showing UHD programs 

As you know the TV Hub outputs UHD and YouTube 4k works just not iPlayer UHD

The netgem box works with iPlayer UHD 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 115

Hi

Our TV product manager has requested the following information :

Current Iplayer Version.

Are you using the supplied HDMI Cable or your own ?

Make and Model of the TV or device the TV box is connected to.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 34 of 115

Hi

Sorry for the delay, the original order was rejected so I had to manually request that a box was sent out to you.  I'm showing that this was dispatched yesterday, so should arrive tomorrow.

With regards to investigation, we took this to our Senior TV product manager who has fully confirmed that our TV Box is fully certified by BBC to support their App.

BBC are a member of the YouView consortium alongside our selves and fully involved in initial testing for their App.  I've had it confirmed that the Iplayer App will not show on a device that has not been certified.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 115

What is the other purpose for the google id 

please

thanks

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 115

What about the replacement 

When is this going to arrived 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 115

As an aside, I've been asked to provide the Google ID for another purpose. The request read

Product/Google ID, you can find this on the bottom of your TV Hub it is a 16 digit number starting with 40

Maybe this is what the team were after rather than your Google login ID?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 115

Hi 

I have not received the replacement TV Box 

Is there any update on a fix 

Please let me know 

Thanks so much 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 115

Hi

I'll chase this up, there could be a delay with the Bank Holiday Weekend etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 40 of 115

When will it arrive, please

Not received any email notification 

Thanks

0 Likes