cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView TV Guide not working or slow

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 49

Hi 

@Mmatt , @Pez30 , @Bferen , @Frankafrank , @Rusty_2 , @Glendevonfrank , @Glenda5 , @Cathcol , @SCBierton13 , @Suezz , @Chevy1 

Can you all please confirm if you have tried the following :

removing the aerial  = Y/N

remove the ethernet = Y/N

reboot = Y/N

retune = Y/N

Also have you done a factory reset Y/N

If you can also let me know the number of channels you have after a reune, and if you notice this issue affecting a specific channel, or what channel you are watching when you notice this happening.

Please reply just in this thread so I can collate all answers for our Youview contacts.  I'm in direct contact with them currently so can relay info across quickly.

I'll also pin this thread at the top for now so it's easy for you all to find.

Thanks  
Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

48 REPLIES 48

Message 1 of 49

Hi 

The issue affecting the guide has been resolved.  This was caused by an external factor that has now been resolved by the vendor.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 49

Hi

The issue affecting the guide has been resolved.  This was caused by an external factor that has now been resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 3 of 49

Hi

The issue affecting the guide has been resolved.  This was caused by an external factor that has now been resolved.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 4 of 49

Hi

This issue has now been resolved and the signal issue that was triggering this has been corrected.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 49

Appears to be working at present- fingers crossed

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Supermole
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 49

It appears to be working now, fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 49

Working OK again.  Problem seems to be fixed. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 49

Mine seems to be ok as well, but this happened yesterday & then went AWOL.

🤞

Annie
0 Likes

Suezz
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 49

Seems to be working but then it has worked for a while then gone of again before. My fingers are crossed yet again. A friend who also has a youview box says hers is not working properly so I don't think it's fixed !.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 49

I can change channel and see the guide now but certain channels are really bad reception which I never used to have pre this issue

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 49

A couple of people on another thread are saying their boxes are now working. 

Can you please check your boxes and confirm all is now okay, or if course if it's not.

Thank you 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 12 of 49

7 hrs ago I spoke too soon!!!!! NOT back to normal- Guide got no data again & whilst some progs recorded this morning ok - just tried recording  a live program & not happened -

is this going to get fixed I wonder? 

Annie

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 49

Question?

Are the boxes still recording programmes you have set up?

If so, a suggestion that in the meantime,

• you let the box record programmes and use it only for playing back (or won't the remote allow you to select MyTV) 
  • use your TV tuner to watch normal TV(assuming it have a Freeview tuner).

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 14 of 49

Everything seems to be back to normal, for now anyway!!
thanks for the info 👍

Annie
0 Likes

Message 15 of 49

Didn’t last long at all 😩 Back to slow/ no response. It time for a phone call to cancel for breach of contact.

Message 16 of 49

This seemed to have worked for me. Don’t know how long it will last though.                                                                    One thing to test, take out the aerial, then select BBC1 (channel 1) on the box/remote.

When the box changes to channel 1, plug the aerial back in and see if the small EPG (Guide) shows ok at the bottom of the screen.

Try changing to 101 (BBC HD) and see if that is responsive.

Then try Channel 236 - GBNews and channel 233 Sky News and see if they are showing ok and are responsive and that the EPG is loading and showing ok.

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 17 of 49

It’s gone again frustrated is an understatement.

Message 18 of 49

@Annie9896 Karl is not back now until after the weekend.

Yo answer your question, no it does not record and you have to phone if you are interested in getting one. You may also need to recontract.

If they suggest you have to return your recordable box, stress the reason you want a box is ITVX and that you want to retain your box to record programmes that are not on a catch-up apps.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Message 19 of 49

I have done that worked ok after a reboot.  Currently able to use all channels and remote/guide seems ok too 🤞 it stays that way 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 49

Thanks Karl. Does the new TVHUB have a RECORD facility ?

Annie
0 Likes