cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Guide not working

Mmatt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 41

The TV Guide isnt working properly. You can't change channel with it. It's very slow to appear. After about 2 hours it springs back to life and seems to work properly. But if you turn the TV off it goes back to being slow or freezing. I've re-booted the box twice, turned the TV connection off and on. Changed remote batteries. All made no difference.

40 REPLIES 40

Glenda5
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 41

Same problem here. Its been like this for a week now. 

Message 22 of 41

Hi All, 

If you can please follow these troubleshooting steps from YouView, and let me know . and please drop me a PM with the serial number and model of your box, It will either be DN360T, DN370T or DN372T :

Some things we’d like to try before they do a factory reset:

• Remove ethernet and see if the box/Guide recovers
  • If not, remove the aerial and see if the box becomes responsive
  • Reboot the box if they haven’t already
  • If the box is briefly responsive after a reboot, try a retune via Settings

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 41

Hi @Pez30 

Can you drop me a PM with the serial number of your STB so I can get youview to check the logs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 41

Hi

OK, thanks for confirming, I'll relay this to youview.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 25 of 41

I am on my third attempt this morning.  First time lost lots of channels.  Second time gained 20 more Chanel’s but guide freezing. Third time back up to 174 channels but guide still freezing/slow.

Message 26 of 41

Hi

Please try the retune process mentioned by ferguson and let me know if this speeds up the guide.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 27 of 41

Try disconnecting the aerial from the box and do a retune. This will of course result in zero channels being found, but may help clear any issues with the tuner itself. Then reconnect the aerial and try again. Let us know how you get on. 

Pez30
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 41

It’s still not working properly.  There are only so many times I can turn things off and on and retune.  TalkTalk I am paying for a service I am not getting.

FranChe
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 41

Same problem here, so thanks for sharing. Reading others and the replies it looks like we are left to resetting everything ourselves, or lose the old box with a recordable option. Awful loss for me, and prices going up!? 😭 

FC
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 41

A fix is supposed to have been released by YouView today 

Try a soft reset by holding the on / off button for around 10 seconds until the box restarts or turn off from the mains and restart.

Then perform a retune.

Let us know how you get on please.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Frankafrank
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 41

Been having the same issue for about a week.

Turned box on and off, rebooted, retuned, checked cables etc etc. if it works it’s only for a short time then goes back to no channels showing on guide, slow to change channel etc.

It’s very frustrating and I hope it’s resolved soon!

Pez30
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 41

This is really poor it has been like this for days.   I’ve personally had nothing but problems since I allegedly upgraded with one thing or another.

Glendevonfrank
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 41

I'm having the exact same problem . Agent from TalkTalk spent about an hour checking things out but could not find anything. I thought it was a faulty box so I replaced it with a spare one that I have. Same problem on that one as well. It must be a problem on their system. I read a thread that they know about it and are investigating. Hope they solve it soon as its a nui .

Message 34 of 41

Hi

YouView are investigating as a priority and working towards a resolution asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 35 of 41

The following notice is on the Service Status Dashboard (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service).

If the advice doesn't work then keep an eye on the status board for updates. Thank you.
We're aware some TV customers using our TalkTalk TV and TalkTalk TV Plus Boxes are currently having issues with the Guide not loading and being unresponsive.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time and assure you that our engineers are working with Youview to restore this feature as a priority.

Youview have made us aware a reboot of your TV box does NOT resolve this issue. They have advised performing a Maintenance reset could be completed to resolve the issue.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Bferen
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 41

Is there a general issue with YouView

Message 37 of 41

Hi Mmatt

Did the advice from fr8ys help ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 41

Ok thanks.

When rebooting was this by disconnecting the box from the mains or holding the on off button until the box restarts?

If youve tried on of these then try a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails, and you cant live with the issues then try a full factory reset, lose recordings, which will reset the box and format the hard drive.

Unfortunately these boxes are approaching end of life and the only way to try and save them is the maintenance reset.

TalkTalk no longer provide recordable boxes so if recordings are important to you its best to try all options.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and support staff will get back to you.

0 Likes

Mmatt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 41

I have a Huawei box

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 41

Which box do you have?

We can then look into giving you better advice.

0 Likes